Learn How You Can Make Your Own Essential Oils
Table of contents
How to make coconut oil
Coconut oil has many uses; you can use raw, cooked, or even extract oil from it.
You can extract coconut oil at home by following some simple steps, which are:
- Peel the coconut from the outer shell which looks like a straw and then extract the water inside.
- Chop the coconut fruit, rid the fruit of the peel completely, and place the fruit pieces in a bowl.
- Add water in the bowl in a ratio of (2: 3), for example, three cups of water against two cups of a coconut, then put it in the blender until the mixture becomes completely homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and filter it through a piece of cloth with a low porosity, or put three pieces of cloth on top of each other, then cover it well.
- Put the bowl containing the liquid in a room for two days to ferment.
- Place the bowl in a warm, dark area for up to eight hours, in order to separate the oil from the liquid.
- Cool the mixture for three hours, then take out the oil with a spoon, and put it in a container and use it.
How to make almond oil
Almond oil is one of the beneficial oils for skin and hair, as it contains vitamin “E” and oleic acid, and it can you can extract it by putting raw almonds in the blender, and running the mixer until the almonds are completely crushed, then added a small amount of olive oil to the mixture, and mix it once again, in order to get a completely homogeneous mixture, then put the mixture in a glass or plastic container for two weeks, then transfer the mixture to a piece of cloth, and finally you can extract oil from the mixture, to be ready for use.
How to make flavored oils from herbal plants
Flavored oils are used to add herbal flavor to food, and you can extract it from plants, and herbs such as basil, rosemary, and other herbs.
Making herbal oils begins with choosing the appropriate herbs, free from defects and mold, and the utensils used must be sterilized and cleaned well.
Put the herbs that must be dry inside an easy-to-close container, then heat a quantity of cooking oil and pour it over the herbs inside the bowl, after leave it to cool down, and then close the bottle and leave it in an opaque area for at least a week to be ready for use.
We recommend using the oil for no more than two months after opening.